Global Mission Teams
What are Global Mission Teams (GMTs)?
The Salvation Army in the Midwest (Central Territory) offers an opportunity for people involved in The Salvation Army (Salvationists) who are 18 or older to participate in one or two week missions experiences through the GMT program.
The primary purposes of the teams are:
- To establish a partnership between team members and in-country personnel
- To develop awareness of other cultures and The Salvation Army worldwide
- To make an impact on the global work of The Salvation Army
- To foster personal growth
- To encourage consideration of long-term overseas service
Qualifications for GMT Applicants
- Actively attend a Central Territory Salvation Army corps
- Must have the endorsement of the Corps Officer and Divisional Headquarters.
- Visibly demonstrate love for God and compassion for others.
- Emotional and spiritual maturity
- Knowledge of the Bible
- Evangelistic zeal and a clear personal witness
- Tolerant personality / Even temperament
- Friendliness / Approachability
- Specific skills / experience in teaching, public speaking, evangelism, gospel arts or construction may be required for certain mission teams.
With the exception of the project manager, individuals who have not previously served on a Global Mission Team will be given preference in the selection process.
Upcoming Global Mission Team Opportunities
|January 13-23, 2018||Philippines Territory||Construction Trip||$1,000||Trip Completed|
|April 21-29, 2018||Turks & Caicos Islands, Caribbean Territory||Program ministry||$750||Trip Closed|
|October 19-November 4, 2018||Moldova, Eastern Europe Territory||Medical missions||$1,000||Accepting applications|
Are you ready to apply to serve on a Global Mission Team?
There are two ways to complete an application to serve on a Global Mission Team:
- Complete the paper copy of the application and given entire, completed application packet to your Corps Officer. Global Mission Team application PDF – Right click and choose “Save Link As” or hold ALT + click to download.)
- Apply online by clicking here. After submitting your application you will receive an automated confirmation email. If you apply online, be sure to download/print this GMT endorsement form to give to your Corps Officer to secure required corps and divisional endorsements.
Applications will remain on file for possible placement for one year from the date received. For additional details or questions, contact us as Missions@usc.salvationarmy.org or call 847-294-2108.