Global Mission Teams
What are Global Mission Teams (GMTs)?
The Salvation Army in the Midwest (Central Territory) offers an opportunity for people involved in The Salvation Army (Salvationists) who are 18 or older to participate in one or two week missions experiences through the GMT program.
The primary purposes of the teams are:
- To partner with a receiving country on project or program ministry
- To establish a relationship between team members and in-country personnel
- To develop awareness of other cultures and The Salvation Army worldwide
- To make an impact on the global work of The Salvation Army
- To foster personal growth
- To encourage consideration of long-term overseas service
Qualifications for GMT Applicants
- Actively attend a Central Territory Salvation Army corps
- Must have the endorsement of the Corps Officer and Divisional Headquarters.
- Visibly demonstrate love for God and compassion for others.
- Emotional and spiritual maturity
- Evangelistic zeal and a clear personal witness
- Tolerant personality / Even temperament
- Friendliness / Approachability
- Specific skills / experience in teaching, public speaking, evangelism, gospel arts or construction may be required for certain mission teams.
With the exception of the project manager, individuals who have not previously served on a Global Mission Team will be given preference in the selection process.
Upcoming Global Mission Team Opportunities
|January 19-February 3, 2019||Kenya East Territory||TBD||$1,000||Trip Closed|
|March 30-April 12, 2019 (dates will fall within this range)||India South Eastern Territory||TBD||$1,000||Trip Closed|
Are you ready to apply to serve on a Global Mission Team?
Apply online by clicking here. After submitting your application you will receive an automated confirmation email. If you apply online, be sure to download/print this GMT endorsement form to give to your Corps Officer to secure required corps and divisional endorsements.
Applications will remain on file for possible placement for one year from the date received. There are many considerations when selecting team members including specific skills, missions experience, and previous GMT service. For additional details or questions, contact us as Missions@usc.salvationarmy.org or call 847-294-2108.