Summer Mission Team 2022
Qualifications for Applicants:
- Active Salvationist (must own and be willing to wear uniform as assigned)
- 18-28 years of age
- Must have the endorsement of the Corps Officer and Divisional Headquarters.
- Visibly demonstrate love for God and compassion for others.
- Proven leadership ability. Successful involvement in corps or divisional leadership.
- Specific skills and experience in teaching, public speaking, children’s ministry, evangelism, gospel arts or construction.
- Evangelistic zeal and a clear personal witness.
- Knowledge of the Bible
- Emotional and spiritual maturity
- Tolerant personality / Even temperament
- Desire to learn / Teachability
- Friendliness / Approachability
- Hands-on ministry and service experience
- Previous missions experience preferred
-Application Deadline: February 28
-Summer Ministry including pre-field training, on-field time, and debriefing: June 6 – July 31
Every participant will need to raise $800 for program costs. A non-refundable $150 deposit will be due on March 18. The remainder will be due at the end of May.
Participants will receive a $2200 grant from The Salvation Army upon satisfactorily completing the ministry assignment.
Social Justice/City Mission Team
Creative Arts and Service Team (CAST)
The other two teams will be announced as they are confirmed.
Ready to Apply to SMT 2022?
Step 1: Complete the Online Application
Step 2: Identify your References and ask them to complete this form
In addition to the application, it is the responsibility of each applicant to obtain 3 references to accompany your SMT application. One reference MUST be your Corps Officer. The remaining two references could be completed by a Sunday School Teacher, Youth Pastor, employer, teacher, or another adult leader or mentor in your life. If you are applying for CAST or the Social Justice/City Mission Team, you might consider a reference who can comment on your work or involvement in this specific area.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to follow-up with the World Missions Department to make sure that all required materials have been received by the February 28, 2022 deadline.
Note: Each application will also require the endorsement of the Divisional Commander and Divisional Youth Secretary. The World Missions Department will secure the divisional endorsements.
Questions? Contact us!
Phone: 847-294-2108 Email: [email protected] Website: centralmissions.org Facebook: SA World Missions Instagram: @SAWorldMissions
Interested in promoting Summer Mission Team? Be sure to follow us on Social Media for the latest updates! It would help us if you share our posts to spread the word!