This Christmas do something that will make a difference! Not sure where to begin? Here are a few suggestions:
1. Encourage someone. For many of us Christmas is a time when we will gather with friends and family, but for some Christmas can be a lonely or isolating time. Think of those who are missionaries or refugees, those who are hospitalized or incarcerated. Consider those who have lost a loved one this last year or who are unable to be with family for one reason or another. Send an email, letter, or package to encourage an individual who could use some extra care this Christmas season.
2. Pray for the persecuted church. There are 200 million people who face persecution for believing in Jesus, according to Christians in Crisis International Ministry. Pray that these persecuted brothers and sisters would experience God’s hope, strength and love in a special way during this Christmas season.
3. Give a gift that matters. According to the American Research Group, the average American plans to spend $882 on gifts this Christmas season. As you plan which gifts you will give this year, consider giving a gift that really matters and will make a difference around the world! One example is a financial gift in someone’s name to The Salvation Army’s Share Your Christmas Joy campaign. Share Your Christmas Joy provides financial resources to Salvation Army children’s homes around the world to facilitate a Christmas party, small gifts and a Christmas dinner. For many of the recipients it will be their first time enjoying a Christmas celebration!
4. Say thank you. Christmas is a great time to say thank you to those who might often be overlooked – the mailman, the overworked cashier at the retail store, professors or teachers, parents, pastors, and more! Take time to say thank you to these individuals for the way they impact your life. And don’t forget to thank God for the gift of His Son, Jesus!
5. Take time to celebrate Jesus. Take a break from the activity and busyness of Christmas to sit quietly by the
advent candles, take time to gaze out the window at the winter wonderland and appreciate the beauty of nature, sing some Christmas carols and reflect on God’s promises to us. Take time to celebrate the amazing gift God has given to us through His Son and allow God to bring peace and joy into your own life this Christmas season.
What are you doing to make a difference this Christmas?
Show Comments (8)
Good blog! I truly love how it is simple on my eyes and the data are well written. I’m wondering how I could be notified when a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your feed which must do the trick! Have a great day!
Hey! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be ok. I’m definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates.
I am not sure where you are getting your info, but great topic.
I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding
more. Thanks for magnificent info I was looking for this information for my mission.
Feel free to surf to my web site cheap flights
Hi, i believe that i noticed you visited my website thus i came to
go back the choose?.I’m attempting to in finding things to improve
my website!I guess its ok to make use of some
of your ideas!!
my site; cheap flights
I love looking through an article that will make men and women think.
Also, thank you for allowing for me to comment!
my page cheap flights (tinyurl.com)
Excellent weblog right here! Also your web site so much up very
fast! What web host are you using? Can I am getting your
associate link on your host? I want my website loaded up as quickly as yours lol
My web blog :: cheap flights
I’m not sure exactly why but this weblog is loading incredibly slow for me.
Is anyone else having this problem or is it a problem on my
end? I’ll check back later on and see if the problem still exists.
Also visit my web site – cheap flights (tinyurl.com)
Hey there would you mind stating which blog platform you’re using?
I’m going to start my own blog in the near future
but I’m having a hard time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most
blogs and I’m looking for something unique. P.S My apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!
Look at my webpage – web hosting – http://learn.medicaidalaska.com/UserProfile/tabid/42/UserID/4993430/Default.aspx –