The Salvation Army in the Midwest (Central Territory) offers an opportunity for adults involved in The Salvation Army to participate in one or two week missions experiences through the GMT program.
The primary purposes of the teams are:
To partner with a receiving country on project or program ministry
To establish a relationship between team members and in-country personnel
To develop awareness of other cultures and The Salvation Army worldwide
To make an impact on the global work of The Salvation Army
To foster personal growth
To encourage consideration of long-term overseas service
For some locations, vaccinations may be required, including the COVID-19 vaccine
- At least 18 years of age
- Actively attend a Central Territory Salvation Army corps
- Must have the endorsement of the Corps Officer and Divisional Headquarters.
- Visibly demonstrate love for God and compassion for others.
- Emotional and spiritual maturity
- Knowledge of the Bible
- Heart for Evangelism
- Tolerant personality / Even temperament
- Friendliness / Approachability
- Specific skills / experience in teaching, public speaking, evangelism, gospel arts or construction may be required for certain mission teams.
Upcoming Global Mission Team Opportunities
|Dates||Location||Ministry||Cost||Application Due Date|
|April 15 – 30||Guatemala||Construction, painting, skilled and less-skilled labor needed||$1,000||February 1, 2023|
|July 1 – 16||TBD||TBD||$1,000||TBD|
|October 14 – 29||TBD||TBD||$1,000||TBD|
Are you ready to apply to serve on a Global Mission Team?
Applications will remain on file for possible placement for one year from the date received. There are many considerations when selecting team members including specific skills, missions experience, physical requirements for the ministry location and previous GMT service. Some teams are specialized and additional information or application materials may be requested from applicants. For additional details or questions, contact us as [email protected] or call 847-294-2108.