Summer Mission Team 2019
Qualifications for Applicants
- Active Salvationist (must own and be willing to wear uniform as assigned)
- 18-28 years of age
- Must have the endorsement of the Corps Officer and Divisional Headquarters.
- Visibly demonstrate love for God and compassion for others.
- Proven leadership ability. Successful involvement in corps or divisional leadership.
- Specific skills and experience in teaching, public speaking, children’s ministry, evangelism, gospel arts or construction.
- Evangelistic zeal and a clear personal witness.
- Knowledge of the Bible
- Emotional and spiritual maturity
- Tolerant personality / Even temperament
- Desire to learn / Teachability
- Friendliness / Approachability
- Hands-on ministry and service experience
- Previous missions experience preferred
- CAST applicants should have some prior experience in dance, drama or music
Ready to apply for SMT 2019?
Follow the 3 steps below! Click on each box for more information or to access the application documents.
February 20 – Application deadline
March 8 – Each applicant will be notified that the SMT selection committee has selected you for a team, selected you as an alternate, or the committee has not been able to place you. If selected for a team, you will need to make arrangements to be at March orientation in 2 weeks!
March 22-24 – SMT March orientation at THQ in Hoffman Estates, IL
June 4 – SMT reports to THQ in Hoffman Estates, IL. Teams are now “on duty” through July 28 (August 11 for CAST members)
June 7-9 – Commissioning Weekend
June 10 – Teams depart for ministry locations
July 20-28 – Overseas and Central teams attend Central Bible Leadership Institute (CBLI) and have debriefing time.
On July 28 all team members (except CAST) need to have transportation arrangements home from Camp Wonderland.
August 1-11 – CAST will remain on assignment through Central Music Institute (CMI).
On August 11 CAST team members need to have transportation arrangements home from Camp Wonderland.