In the next few months, new Overseas Personnel will be preparing to move to Argentina.
Updated for new appointment to the Eastern Jamaica Division of the Caribbean Territory!
Major Valerie and Captain Jeff Carr
The Carrs have previously served overseas in the Spain Command with their two oldest boys. Having added to their family during their years back in our territory, they now head out as a family of five! Major Valerie will be taking up her appointment as the Divisional Program Secretary and Captain Jeff will be the Divisional Secretary for Business Administration for the the Eastern Jamaica Division.
Many of you will be able to testify to the amount of stress that comes with any move, even across town, or across the country. Imagine how difficult a move across oceans and cultures can be. The stress can be overwhelming. These times are filled with loss: loss of home, of friends, purpose and identity… so much loss. So we want to take these moments to focus our attention on Jeff and Valerie and their boys as they prepare to leave their home and return to life and ministry overseas.
Here is how you can care for and pray for them:
- Send them a note to let them know you are thinking of them and praying for them
- If/when you see them before they leave in August 2020, ask them about their preparations for the move. Think of specific questions they can answer not just generic questions like “Are you all packed and ready?” Maybe even invite them out for coffee or a meal.
- Pray these things:
- For good time management as they pack and finish out their work
- For their health during these busy and stressful months
- For quality time with their friends and favorite places before they have to say goodbye
- For their emotional and spiritual health during this time of transition
- For peace about their new homes and appointments in new, unknown locations
- For good times of rest and restoration during their furlough time
- For quality time with friends and family during their furlough time
- For wisdom in choosing the best schooling option in Argentina for their boys.
- For Bram, Jonas and Ethan as they experience these transitions outside of their control
- For they will experience healthy goodbyes, learn Spanish quickly, and find new friends quickly
Show Comments (2)