Summer Mission Teams
What is Summer Mission Team?
Summer Mission Team (SMT) is a leadership development program that invites young people into a deeper relationship with the Lord through participation in an eight-week team missions experience. While the teams minister with The Salvation Army overseas or throughout the Midwest, they are given the opportunity to discover God’s plan for all people to be part of His Kingdom. Summer Mission Team members also benefit from gaining a broader perspective of The Salvation Army.
Do You Have What It Takes?
Qualifications for Applicants:
- Active member of The Salvation Army (Salvationist). Must own and be willing to wear uniform as assigned.
- 18-28 years of age
- Must have the endorsement of the Corps Officer and Divisional Headquarters.
- Visibly demonstrate love for God and compassion for others.
- Proven leadership ability. Successful involvement in corps or divisional leadership
- Specific skills/experience in teaching, public speaking, children’s ministry, evangelism, gospel arts or construction
- Evangelistic zeal and a clear personal witness.
- Knowledge of the Bible
- Emotional and spiritual maturity
- Tolerant personality / Even temperament
- Desire to learn / Teachability
- Friendliness / Approachability
- Hands-on ministry and service experience
- Previous missions experience preferred
Team members are selected through an application process and by a committee dedicated to making sure the teams are committed to God and the mission of The Salvation Army.
Is this the year you should apply?
Don’t wait! Have a talk with your corps officer, then complete the application at centralmissions.org/smt2015.
For more information about the Summer Mission Team or ministry opportunities in your area e-mail: